- Trough over the eastern U.S.
- Rain and snow in the Pacific Northwest
- High over the Great Basin
- Low pressure trough and warm front from Saskatchewan to western Texas
- High pressure in the Midwest
- Snow falling in Missouri and northern Arkansas
- Low pressure in the Northeast; one center over Lake Huron with a cold front extending into southern Illinois, and the stronger center just off the New England coast with a cold front extending into Florida
- Snow falling in New York and Maine
- International Fall, Minnesota recorded a low last night of 46 below!
1945Z visible satellite image:
1945Z infrared satellite image:
12Z 500 mb map:
20Z surface analysis:
12Z snow cover map: